Existed & Viewed Since 2010

Monday, April 4, 2016

I'm a teacher?

Peace be upon you and a very good dawn!

I am writing this in the mid of dawn and morning, and it is very cold now.

To recall the last time I dedicated a post here is a cliche, well it has been ages. Been busy socializing in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram the most (because I would spend at least 4 hours every day). I have been good, in fact great! I am here just to inform that I graduated teacher training bout 3 to 4 months ago, and was jobless ever since and now I am a teacher in one of the rural school in interior Mukah, my hometown.

I am a teacher since 1 March 2016 (the day I was first reporting), and I teach Mathematics more than I teach English. This is because my school has enough English teachers compared to Mathematics teacher, so I have to take the responsibilities to teach Maths and I teach only level 1 pupils (Year 1 to Year 3) and imagine the challenges that I have to encounter, when dealing with young kids. So much language barrier (I have to use Malay most of the time when I teach English), lots of action and gestures to enhance understanding and do you have any idea how hard it is to make them understand the basic concept of adding and subtracting in my Maths lesson? The only thing that I would like to express now is OMG! OMG! OMG!

I know this will be fun, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. After all, it is too early to judge. I have been here a month now, and it will take sometimes for the pupils to accept your way of teaching. Hold on, I am the Class Teacher of Year 2 too and being a class teacher there are many responsibilities that I have to alert and consider. Bla la la la...

Enough said, just wait for my next appearance and probably will write about my school etc. You know I hate typing but I love writing... hmmmm Bye!

No comments: