Existed & Viewed Since 2010

Saturday, July 16, 2022

2022: A New Beginning

Hi, readers!

I'm back! How are you guys doing? I hope you guys are doing great. I'm here dusting my pages because it has been ages since my last update. The last update was more than a year ago. Now, I'm here to tell that I have moved to a new working environment with new colleagues. Well, where shall I begin?

Remember my last post? I had been keeping my EG-tukar a secret from everyone, including my family and mostly my friends. That was my second application, my first was in 2018. In December 2021, the result was announced. Sadly, I didn't get it. Thus, I was so ready to be working in my old environment, perhaps with new spirit and goals to achieve. However, on Christmas' Eve that afternoon, my headmaster called me. It was Friday, I remembered the day so well. I picked up the phone. He told me that I was redeployed to another school, still in the same district. The only response that I gave him was a tiny giggle and a glitch laugh. I was disbelief. Allah had finally granted my doa and wish. This was the answer for all the prayers that I had asked from Him. I wasn't the only one. Mr. Jawin was redeployed too, for some unknown reasons. Maybe his service at his former school was too long, in fact it was his first school. To put icing on the cake, his wife was also teaching at the same school. Well, those were the reasons that we assumed. It was hard for him to have received such unexpected news. Unlike me, I was surprise when I got the news, but at the same time, I knew that sooner or later I would get it. 

Soon after, my headmaster shared the news on our Whatsapp's group. I was busy on the phone, texting my close friends on Whatsapp regarding the news. While I was at it, I received a phone call from Debra and Allan. They were shocked with the news and for an umpteenth times asking me, 'Why why why you?" I didn't know how to react. It was sad leaving them and most of colleagues. Nevertheless, this was the best, at least for me. We ended the phone call and before that, I could hear Allan's shedding his tears from the other side. They were both driving back to Kuching from Betong.

It stopped there.

It was 2 weeks before I reported duty at my new school. The week after I got the news, I planned to stay at school the entire week to slowly pack my stuff and get things done before I leave for good. I stayed, for a week, all by myself. I used the time to think of my past, present and future. It was sad to leave, but I was excited to be working at a new place as well. I had all sort of feelings.

Monday, January 3rd...I drove myself to school. I had zoo in my stomach. I didn't know what to expect. I had to take another boat ride to reach my new school. I reported duty, along with Yvonne, the preschool teacher. My new headmaster showed us around the school. The next day, they decided to have a school meeting. I came to school again the next day. It was a tiring week indeed.


So, this is my new beginning for 2022. It's a new year, new school and new people! It's already July, times passed really fast. As for now, I'm still adjusting and adapting to my new environment, for example, how to live offline again. My new school hasn't got internet connection. It's like living in a cave, but I had many things done when I wasn't spending most of times unnecessarily on social medias. This is what I have ask for. Times for myself to spend for my career. To be more productive and to avoid distraction of the internet. I wish I can spend more time reading or writing journals. I wish.


I think, that's all for now. Will keep myself updated again, the soonest possible! Thanks for dropping by! See ya! :)

No comments: