Existed & Viewed Since 2010

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Petal of Self-Acceptance

"To be beautiful, means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself"


Do I dare to be me?
Wearing a mask for far too long, I forget who I really am. There are many masks that I wear throughout my life. Mostly the ones think people want to see. I am happy as long as the people around me are happy. For instance, if studying to be a teacher made them happy, that is what I would strive to do, even if I was miserable each day. It does not matter, as long as they get to tell their friends "My son is in teacher training college and soon be a teacher". It is not hard, somehow doing things that you have no passion and love seem to be a hindrance.

I know that the most important decision of my life, the one that will affect every decision I make, is the commitment to love and accept myself. It directly affects the quality of my relationship, my work, my free time, my faith and my future.


No comments: